We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, construction foreman to coordinate operations and train/oversee workers at our numerous construction sites. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project. The foreman will work closely with the superintendent and project manager to ensure the project is on track with man power, expense, permits, and other regulatory compliance, as well as employee training on technical skills and safety procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a sold background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make good quick decisions. The foreman must be well-organized, be a team player with good communication skills and a strong focus of safety always.
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule employees, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify employees and subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily updates of activities on the jobsite.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letterdrops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Welds metal parts to steel structural members.